Recipe courtesy of: Food Network Kitchen
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 ears fresh corn
- 2 cups red or orange grape tomatoes, halved
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella, cut into small cubes
- 1 bunch scallions (white and green), thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups fresh basil leaves
Whisk together the vinegar, 2 teaspoons salt and some pepper in a small bowl. Gradually whisk in the oil, starting with a few drops and then adding the rest in a steady stream, to make a smooth dressing.
Shear off the corn kernels with a sharp knife over a bowl (you should have about 4 cups). Toss in the tomatoes, mozzarella and scallions. Pour the vinaigrette over the salad and toss to coat. Cover and let stand for at least 15 minutes and up to 2 hours. Before serving, tear the basil over the salad and stir.
Copyright 2005 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved.